Lighthouse Commodities has an opening for a Logistics Coordinator. This role will report to the Logistics Manager and be responsible for scheduling, tracking and processing freight and customs information associated with the various grain and bulk products that Lighthouse Commodities markets.
· Scheduling shipments – Assisting the Logistics Manager in coordinating and communicating all aspects of active grain shipments, including notifying customers of intended loads and ship dates and updating affected parties when shipment plans change.
· Tracking – Issuing and managing BOLs and Load Numbers for each shipment and reconciling each BOL/Load Number to corresponding scale tickets.
· Freight Invoicing – Receiving and preparing freight invoices for payment by matching each load to its corresponding ticket in company grain software, confirming billed rate is correct and ensuring there are no duplicate or incorrect invoice payments.
· Customs Invoicing – Preparing customs invoices for each export load and updating with actual weights once delivery is complete.
· Grain Accounting – Assisting as needed with ticket entry, contract management and other grain accounting tasks.
· Other duties as necessary.
· Prior experience tracking and/or coordinating truck freight movement, preferably in a grain trading environment.
· Experience with grain trading and/or freight management software.
· Proven commitment to detail.
· Excellent inter-personal skills.
· Unusually high accountability toward goals, tasks, deadlines and clients.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced commodity trading environment.
· Strong desire to do work that matters and see clients succeed.
About Lighthouse Commodities
Lighthouse has a unique culture. We’re a small company that works closely together while still providing extremely competitive compensation and benefits. We love what we do and focus relentlessly on helping our clients but also offer an abundance of autonomy and flexibility. It’s been fun watching people thrive in this environment and seeing the positive impact they have on our clients.