Lighthouse Commodities has an opening for a Data Scientist. This newly created position will report to the President and be responsible for developing, coding and managing models that apply algorithms to internal and external commodity data. We’ll gladly hire the right candidate in the wrong location as this position offers the potential to office remotely.
- Develop and code models that organize internal and external data Lighthouse uses when making trading and risk management decisions. Incorporate Bayesian methodology to properly weight specific variables and generate probabilities that are statistically significant.
- Prepare reports and communicate as needed regarding current probabilities, back testing results and other relevant information related to model outputs.
- Identify and advance additional opportunities for Lighthouse to apply statistical regression and Bayesian probabilities toward improved decision making.
- Network within the industry and pursue continued education to stay at the forefront of what is capable with data analytics.
- Master’s Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or Machine Learning.
- At least two years’ experience applying algorithms to large data sets with multiple complex variables.
- Experience using Bayesian methodology.
- Experience creating and managing models that forecast probabilities.
- Experience with software development, coding and/or code management.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced commodity trading environment.
- Strong desire to do work that matters and see clients succeed.
About Lighthouse Commodities
Lighthouse has a unique culture. We’re a small company that works closely together while still providing extremely competitive compensation and benefits. We love what we do and focus relentlessly on helping our clients but also offer an abundance of autonomy and flexibility. It’s been fun watching people thrive in this environment and seeing the positive impact they have on our clients.